This 2×4 Bar holder is different from what you might find in Lowes and Home Depot because you can install this bar holder on a SINGLE width of a 2×4! Most of the 2×4 bar holders I have seen require a width of at least a 2×6 or 2×8 to install correctly.
The compact installation width of this 2×4 bar holder helps to keep your gates and barns looking neat as a pin.
This particular unit can be used when you don’t have enough room to install my other very compact bar holders on the same wall as your 2×4 bar. For example, many times, doors are put way too close the next wall leaving no room for a place to mount a bar holder. This solves that problem!
- You could make sections of a fence reconfigurable/removable by using these 2×4 bar holders. By putting screws in the bigger holes your horses/cattle would not be able to push the 2×4 out!
- shutter keeper or shutter protector –
- put 2×4 bar over your shutters when closed and put a screw through the hole to withstand the worst of storms.
- A hurricane or tropical storm can VIBRATE boards loose with its wind. So you need to put keeper screws in through the big holes into the 2×4 and that will keep it from vibrating out.
- For protecting your house’s windows and doors from hurricane or tropical storm winds, you would put these 2×4 bar holder brackets in place, then put up plywood covering what you want to protect, then put a 2×4 across to hold in place. You can even put a bracket at the bottom of the plywood to rest on as well.
- Use to create a panic room in your house or to secure your house better than a regular lock/deadbolt.
- (how? because it makes people’s kicking force be spread across the whole door instead of concentrated on the normal lock.)
- Door barricade can work even if door opens OUT – by putting bar holder bracket on the DOOR and not the door frame!
When using this bar holder in conjunction with its companion SECURE bar holder, where I’ve added a locking tab you can make very secure and lockable combinations.
The primary features of this open 2×4 bar holder are:
- 1/8 inch galvanized steel *OR* painted construction (see variations if they exist)
- Compact design – only requires a single 2×4 wide to mount upon
- Hidden screws – they go UNDER the bar!
- 100% made in America. To be specific, made in Texas.
- If you buy the “RAW” version you can paint it yourself (not hard but my powder coat is better.)
- The painted versions are powder coated.
- NOTE: If you want a custom color, put COLORMATCH in your cart and then select the color matching process as an additional product in your cart.