A small plastic case for the FRDM-K64F Freedom Development Platform from NXP. You can buy the FRDM-K64F from this link.
Yes, it is true, the K64 board is not much more expensive than this case, but my volumes are quite a bit different and also it isn’t fair to me that I sell at a loss. If you buy enough cases though let’s talk.
The case SHOWN in the pictures has the following features:
- Two halves – held together by M3 bolts. The bolts use the plastic to self thread
- PLA material – I can swap to a different material if required. PLA is good for room temp but it does not have a high temperature resistance and it does not have a sharp KNEE going from sold to liquid. Inquire about other materials.
- Cutouts for:
- J1, J2, J3, and J4
- Both USB
Options I can work on if you need them (but not for free)
- Alternate plastics – mostly for temp and/or color
- Logos – but I won’t sell except to you since I’m not going to mess with licensing unless you provide me one
- Change screw configuration – for example – use nuts instead of threading the plastic
- Change cut-out configuration
- Make a multi-board case
- Add feet, mounting tabs, or other mechanical things you might need.