Usually the bar holders I make are to be used in conjunction or in my kits to help secure your shed better.
Another use is to simply put on the INSIDE of your doors to hold a bar for added security. Sometimes this is called a zombie bar.
When I asked a few questions, these customers that ordered large numbers of the open bar holders were buying them in preparation for hurricanes and tropical storms.
I’m attaching a couple of pictures here (GPS info stripped from pics as it is none of your business where!):
Why did they do this?
- Because my bar holders look better than the stuff you buy from Lowes and Home Depot. Those others look like crap. Mine look good.
- By installing these AHEAD of time, their house is prepared for the hurricane and all they have to do is to quickly grab their plywood and wood bars. This is SUPER fast.
- Because the 2×4 bar holders have holes in them, you can put in a screw AFTER the bar is in place to keep the storm from vibrating the board out of place.
- Since I offer galvanized as an option, customers can buy and paint over the plain gray color. I would recommend a self etching primer for sure to “crack” the galvanization. But if you want a very large order, I’m happy to create you steel only. Just contact me.
- Quick Notes:
- Have pre-cut and labeled plywood ready to go.
- Have ready to go bars.